Thursday, September 17, 2009

The CodyO Show "Jars"


What's in that Jar?

Ladies and gentile welcome to another exciting edition of The CodyO Show! In this episode I will be showing you how I make my very popular Raku chalkboard jars. When you leave clay bare in a raku firing the carbon gets trapped in the clay body and turns black and since the clay body is coarse it makes a perfect chalkboard. Also the glaze goes through thermal shock sometimes leaving a spider web of cracks which are also blackened by carbon. The one in the picture is currently being used as a herb jar.

I hope you enjoy episode #2 of The CodyO Show:









Click here to see more pictures of the finished product.

I will be firing these jars in an up coming episode of The CodyO Show so check back in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment